Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yes, I have been reading but

Nothing I would recommend until now. I love Sara Gruen. My favorite book is Water For Elephants. I cried so much during that book. Despite a bomb going off early on, this book seems much more lighthearted. She  has written other titles such as Riding Lessons and Flying Changes which are also great! I am reading her newest book. Ape House. It is a thin book so I have to pace myself so it won't end too soon.
I have read a lot of not so great reviews on this book but I intend to enjoy it anyway. I find it fascinating that the author came up with the idea after a visit to The Great Ape Trust where she was able to communicate with the resident apes via sign language. That must have been an amazing experience! If you want to start off with a Sara Gruen book, I recommend going with Water For Elephants and see if you get hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment