Friday, October 29, 2010

Yay!!!! I just finished a great book. :-)

I couldn't resist posting all of these different covers I found for this book. LOL. Anyway, this book is the second in the Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marillier. I was surprised that it took place so many years after the first book, Daughter of the Forest. I was a little disappointed by that fact at first, but soon came to love this story just as much or maybe even a bit more! Liadan, the heroine is just as strong and endearing a character as her mother Sorcha.

Amazon.com Review

Second of the Sevenwaters trilogy of novels about the last days of heroic Ireland, Son of the Shadows takes up the story of the children of Sorcha, who saved her enchanted brothers, and Hugh, the Briton she married. Sorcha's daughter Liadan is a gifted seer and healer who thinks, in spite of her visions, that she knows what the future has in store for her--caring for her dying mother and then an alliance marriage to Eamonn. A chance meeting on the road carries her off to care for a dying man--one of the mercenaries of the sinister Painted Man, Eamonn's archenemy and a killer for hire. Liadan discovers that she cannot choose whom she loves and that she and the Painted Man are as bound up in destiny as her mother and father were before her.

I can hardly wait for the third book. I have it on hold at my library. Hurry, hurry please!

1 comment:

  1. Son of the Shadows is by far my favorite in the series. :) I really need to re-read all these before I get book 5 for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete