Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Almost Perfect Day Off

Pickings have been slim lately for books that I want to read. Right now I have James Patterson's The Postcard Killers. Like most Patterson books, in my opinion, it lacks depth. Maybe when you write a book every few months that is what happens. I actually use to enjoy his Alex Cross series but he lost me somewhere. Now I find his books ok for fillers in between better books. They are quick mysteries with short chapters to keep you turning the pages. He does a lot of collaberations with other authors and this is one. It is written with Liza Marklund who is a Scandinavian author. I imagine she contributed local details if nothing more. This book is set in Sweden. The inside jacket calls it the "scariest vacation thriller ever written". Maybe I just haven't gotten to that part yet? I'm on p.223.

No comments:

Post a Comment