Monday, February 20, 2012

Mallory is back! Thank you Carol O'Connell for The Chalk Girl

 
I found this series 3 or 4 years ago and read through all nine books plus a couple of stand alones by this author. There has been an agonizing wait for this new book but it is here and in my hands!! Woo hoo!
I love how the Mallory character is so very, very broken and that the people around her either fear her or try to save her from herself.  Though it has been a long break, the characters are so well written that they popped right back into my head as if they had never left me!
This book has a charming little character, Coco, who has Williams Syndrome. After researching the syndrome on the internet it seems that Ms O'Connell has done a fantastic job of describing it. I am only on chapter 8 and it is one of those books that I hope lasts forever but I know I will finish it soon because I can't put it down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment