Monday, January 16, 2012

Patricia Cornwell and Alice Blanchard

One author is quite well known with many books and movies from those books and the other is quite mysterious!
I just finished reading. Red Mist by Patricia Cornwell. I really enjoyed this latest installment in her Scarpetta series. It was really well done and scary if you think about the potential for terrorism as described in the plot. Kay is her usual guilt ridden but highly moral and intelligent self and Lucy is angry and reckless as ever. I love these characters! Her last couple of books haven't been as intriguing to me as Red Mist. I could barely put it down!


Alice Blanchard is an author I recently discovered after reading Life Sentences. It was a quick paced book with great characters and a twisted plot. Love it! Give me some unstable characters and I'm a happy camper!
After finishing this book which came out in 2005, I looked in our library to find more books by this author. All I can find are two previous novels so of course I brought them home! There is also a book of short stories which I don't generally care for so I didn't grab that. I was still curious enough to try to find out if anything new is forthcoming from Ms Blanchard and in researching online I have found that this author has no Wiki page, no Facebook, no Twitter, no website, seemingly no information at all! Looking through her books, there is only one tiny picture of  her in one of the books and virtually no information inside the jacket. A mysterious mystery author! I'll be reading the other books this week. The Breathtaker and Darkness Peering.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading Red Mist. I always check out blogs like yours and The Book Report radio show before I buy a book.
    On the Book Report Radio show I heard Elaine Charles interview Patricia Cornwall about Red Mist, her 19th Scarpetta Novel.
    Patricia said to get experience about what being in jail was like she went to visit the Tennessee woman's prison spoke to the inmates and interviewed the women on death row. She said it wasn't a nice experience.
    Apparently this book is going to be turned into a movie and they are arranging the screen play this year and it looks like Angelina Jolie is going to be the leading character. I think this movie should be great to watch.

    ReplyDelete